Who Receives Notifications?
Notifications are received through each of the smartphone, tablet and web applications providing real-time updates.
What are the Types of Notifications?
General users will receive push notifications via the smartphone app to make them aware of new or updated shifts. Users are required to acknowledge each of the notifications to ensure that it has been received and read.
For more information on acknowledging notifications, please click here
Administrators will receive notifications via the tablet and web apps to alert them when a ‘Shift Change Request’ has been submitted.
Enabling Push Notifications for your Device
You don’t need to enable push notifications. They’re enabled by default as part of the iOS. All you need to do is choose which apps you want to get notifications from and what type of alerts they send. Here’s how to do that:
- Tap the Settings app to open it
- Tap Notifications
- On this screen, you’ll see all the apps installed on your phone that support push. Settings for each app are managed separately, so you’ll need to find the CAS app and tap it.
- The first option is to Allow Notifications from CAS. If you want notifications, move the slider to On/green, if not move it to Off/white
- The next option is to determine if notifications from CAS will Show in the Notification Center. Move the slider to On/green, if you want CAS notifications to display within your Notification Center.
- In the Sounds menu, choose whether your iPhone will make noise when you have a notification from this app. Move the slider to On/green if you want that
- The Badge App Icon setting determines whether a red number appears on the app icon when it has notifications for you. Move the slider to On/green to use it or to Off/white to disable it
- The Show in Lock Screen option lets you control whether notifications display on your phone’s screen even when it’s locked.
- In the Alert Style When Unlocked box, you control the look of notification alerts when your phone is not locked. Tap the one you prefer:
- None—you won’t see any notifications
- Banners—short messages at the top of your screen that disappear after a few seconds
- Alerts—pop up windows in the center of the screen that you need to interact with to dismiss.
- Inside Settings you need to find the Apps section. This can differ between manufacturers, for example, in stock Android it’s about midway down the list whilst in LG’s UI it’s under a tab called General. Use your common sense here and have a look around until you find it.
- From here you will need to find the CAS app from the list; each of the apps installed on your android will be listed in alphabetical order.
- Under the next screen, you’ll find a tick box that says “Show notifications”. Tap that to make sure that notifications have been enabled for the CAS app.
Via the Smartphone and Tablet Apps
Once you have received a notification, you will be required to acknowledge it to make sure your manager is aware that you’ve seen it.
To do this within the smartphone app, follow these simple steps:
- Open up the CAS tablet or smartphone app
- Navigate to the ‘Notifications’ screen by tapping the icon in the main menu
- Choose the new notification from the list and tap on the round grey question mark icon
- One acknowledged, you will notice the grey question mark icon will turn blue
Via the WebApp
To do this within the web app, follow these simple steps:
- Open up the CAS web app
- Navigate to the ‘Notifications’ item within the main menu or click on the envelope icon up in the top right hand corner of the screen
- Choose from the list of notifications and click on either the green thumbs-up icon or the red thumbs-down icon
- One acknowledged, you will notice the icon you have chosen will turn from an outline to a solid colour
Creating a New Notification
New notifications can be created on each of the smartphone, tablet and web applications.
- Navigate to the ‘Notifications’ screen by tapping on the icon in the main menu
- Tap on the pink ‘Plus’ button down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen
- Navigate to the ‘Notifications’ item in the main menu
- Click on the green ‘NEW +’ button
- Fill in the ‘Created By’ and ‘Message’ inputs
- Click ‘Create’
The data in the Notifications table can be exported by using the pink options button on the top right-hand side of the screen.
When clicked, a drop-down will appear giving you the option of:
- Copying the data to your clipboard
- Saving the data in Excel format
- Saving the data in CSV format
- Saving the data as a PDF
- Printing the data